We are not an ordinary company and this is not an ordinary job. What we at bintel do can actually and truly improve the world. The effect of our solutions has reduced negative effects on the environment.
We, as world citizens, must all reduce our consumption and we must become better at taking care of the remnants of our production (i.e. waste). bintel enables smarter waste collection and generates data that can control and influence the degree of sorting, striving for a circular handling of resources. We affect not only our own future, but generations to come. So if you want something more, and you want to be part of a team that is fully dedicated to make it easier to save the world, apply now!
Senior Hardware Designer
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and rather experienced Hardware Designer, who will lead the development of our state of the art IoT products for collection of waste based on customer demand. The challenges are many; energy efficiency, sensor technology, wireless communication and measurement technologies, to name a few.
About the job
As a senior hardware designer at bintel, you will lead a small development team, as well as do design work yourself. You will have extensive responsibility for every stage of the product life cycle and become a key player in developing the next generation products. You will prototype, design, implement, test, and deliver highly robust and efficient hardware solutions for our current and future products, together with a highly motivated device-team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding customer needs and requirements and translate them into functional, reliable and robust product design
- Plan, execute, document and maintain the hardware platform/s
- Own and lead technology roadmap work
You will work closely together with our systems engineer and cloud team to craft new methods and solutions for advancements in connectivity, reliability, and robustness. We expect you to be an organized team player who helps wherever necessary, inspires whenever times get tough and acts instead of waiting. With the responsibility also comes accountability, and we expect you to take ownership of our products.
You are a curious, self-motivated and highly communicative person who is eager to learn and is not fearing an environment with very few formal procedures and limits.
You must be excellent within project management and possess cross-functional leadership skills. You have an analytical mindset, are detail- and data oriented with a passion for problem-solving. We also want you to understand areas such as mechanical design and software development to approach problems from more than one perspective and to understand product requirements.
Moreover, you have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience is required.
- 3 years of experience with RF, low power design, IoT, modems (3G, LTE-M, NB-IoT), LoRaWAN, sensors (time-of-flight, accelerometers, etc.), and battery technologies.
- Great electrical engineering fundamentals including PCB design, CAD, embedded system experience and mixed analog-digital circuit theory.
- Several years of experience designing highly reliable and robust products from beginning to end.
- Experience with managing development teams, and partners including component suppliers and manufacturer relationships.
- Proven ability to design and build products with aggressive timelines.
What can bintel offer you?
We love everything that is SMART & NICE. People, technologies, businesses, well everything. We believe that simplicity is the key to profitable sustainability. Becoming smart should be a nice thing! With our advanced IoT solutions we digitize waste management processes and logistics, making saving the world an easier option.
This role will be one of the keys in the bintel team moving forward, making sure we have and will have state of the art products for years to come. You are trusted to deliver on clearly defined targets, without micromanagement and on top of that you are surrounded by a team of talented and motivated people who love their work!
You will be working out of the office in Lund.
Please send your application to us using below address already today, we will be conducting interviews continously: